Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lifeguard Adventures

So last weekend ( May 1st-May4th) I was able to recieve my lifeguard certification, and I would have to say it was flat out one of the most fun experiences of my life. I was in a class with the 4 greatest girls ever! Chenae-nae, Krithy, Shley, and Tori Lynn. It was a blast all thanks to these girls. On Friday- we started off driving to Club Sport (where the class was being held.) in Henderson. We needed to be there at 4:00 and since it was far and we didn't know exactly where it was, we left at 2:30. Just to be safe. Well its sure a good thing we left when we did. Haha We ended up going the wrong way and took the whole hour and a half to find it. But the car ride was great anyways. We just talked and talked about the funniest stuff. It was just great. Well anyways- the class that night consisted of the pre swim test where we had to swim 300 meters and then dive down and get a 10 lb. brick off the bottom of the pool and swim using only our legs 20 meters. I was the most nervous for this part. I had been practing my swimming for about two weeks and just didn't think I could swim. But I underestimated myself. I did it with no problems whatsoever. I was so proud of myself. :)) Then when everyone was outta the pool, our instructor Justin, took us to the class room where we watched almost 4 hour of video. Obviously, that part really sucked except the fact that we got out of the class an hour early which was totally awesome.

By the way- I'm totally upset we didn't take any pictures during this weekend. Stupid.

Anyways- the next day (Saturday) was a super long day. We had to be there at 8. Meaning leave at 6:45 to be on time, and had to stay til 6 that night. But we had a blast all day. 10 hours in the pool. Who wouldn't have fun? haha Anyways- this is the day we learned how to do all the rescues.
(This is not from my class, but it is how we rescue someone. haha I did this many times.)
We learned all there is to know about saving someone from drowning (DUH). It was so much fun. Other than getting burnt like crazy. I have never used so much sunscreen in my life, and yet I've never been so sunburnt EVER. It was really bad. But now its worth it because I finally got a little color! HAHA
Well the 3rd day, Sunday, was the day set to learn all the CPR/AED and FirstAid training. We had to watch more videos which was really hard to stay awake considering the previous day's adventures and having to be there at 8:00 (leaving at 6:45 again). Plus the room was dark. Haha. Well we survived and headed into another room, "the karate room" where it was like a million degrees! Not really, but it was freakin hot in there. No air circulation or anything plus our sunburns. It was HOT. But once again FUN. We practiced our CPR a trillion times and then did AED drills which was fun. The best part about this day was Chenae. HAHA Everytime she messed around or said something to make us all laugh or just something, Justin was looking. It made us crack up. Especially when Chenae's dummy lost his pulse and she over reacted and Justin pushed her face into the ground. HAHA good day.
The last day, Monday, we had to be there later in the afternoon to take our test. This day was not so much fun lol. No Chenae (she was super sick) and No Justin (he just wasn't working that day). We learned onland spinal and reviewed for our test. Test time came and we all passed with flying colors. I only missed 2 out of 70 questions. (they were stupid questions too). I was very proud of myself. This weekend was one that made me feel very accomplished.
So now I'm an official lifeguard! :)) Just gotta find a freakin job!!!


Haha I love this little logo thing. Teehee!

1 comment:

  1. bababababa i love this it makes me laugh and remember how fun that was AND im SUPER pissed we didnt take pictures either stupids lol

    ReplyDelete