We weren't exactly hungry but we ended up at the Double T diner which is the place to go in Annapolis if you are ever there. We just got some dessert that night and I had a delicious strawberry shake :) We ended back at the hotel room and passed out for the night. The next morning was so crazy. Just the feeling was intense knowing that I was going to get to see Chris within a matter of hours. We were up by about 7:30 getting ready and weren't allowed to pick Chris up until about 12:30. Obviously we had some time to kill. So we got ready and left the hotel around 9. While waiting for the time to come, we headed back to the Double T diner for breakfast then drove onto the yard in hopes of picking him up a little early. Unfortunately it didn't happen. We went to the visitors center to check things out. It was fun for me but his family had already been there twice so I don't think they were to thrilled to see it all again. haha Well we decided to go around town do a little shopping. I bought a Navy sweater and a Navy t-shirt. I loved the little shops they have there. Its much like any other touristy area and the little souvenier shops the big cities have but its in this small town of Annapolis that I never even heard of until Chris. Haha But this place deserves to be known. Its GORGEOUS. Anyways, finally the time came for us to pick up Chris. By this time the anticipation was killing me!!! I wanted to scream from excitement. We drove back onto the yard and went to pick him up by his
dorm room. Funny thing, he wasn't there. He thought we were picking him up from a different place and the worst thing about the Yard is you drive one way all the way around it pretty much. Haha So my excitement was really getting to me. We got to the area that he was at and Carl goes "Now Emily, control yourself. We don't want you running up and jumping on him and wrapping your legs around him or anything crazy." Haha It was pretty funny. Then....the big moment......I saw him. I was so happy, I thought I was going to cry. I got out and gave him a huge hug and the first thing he says is "Give me a kiss". I was extremely happy but shocked because he told me he'd never even hold my hand in front of his parents. Haha. I was in heaven at that moment and I will never forget that feeling. Well we got in the car and I couldn't stop looking at him. He was perfect. As much as I knew that I was the luckiest girl in the world before this trip, at that moment, it was all reassured to me that he was so completely amazing and I just really lucked out on this one. From there we went to the mall to take Chris to lunch at Red Robin. One of my favorite places EVER (fyi lol) but I was still too full from breakfast. Even all through lunch, my insides were just turning with excitement. I was with him and I couldn't have been happier. From there we walked around the mall a bit but no one really had anything to do or buy so we decided it was time to go back to the hotel room for nap time. Haha I must admit I was a little sad that some of my time with Chris would be wasted sleeping. But we got to the room. Everyone put on their jammies and we crawled into bed. I thought I was in heaven when I first saw him, but a new kind of heaven opened up when I was able to lay in his arms. I have never been more happy to nap in my entire life. Not to mention, I don't think I have ever slept so well. If there was one moment in time that I could live over and over, it would be that moment. Well we woke up from our naps and got ready again to go to dinner. None of us could decide on what we wanted so we ended up at, oh what do you know, the Double T diner. HahaAfter dinner we still couldn't decide on what we wanted to do so we figured we might as well just go back to the room and relax. Once again it was so amazing to just get to lay in his arms and talk with him. I wish I could have that all the time. I will definitely say that I cherish those little things more than ever because I don't have them very often. Of course Chris had a midnight curfew so we drove him back to the yard and the whole time I wanted to cry. Even though I knew I would see him again the next day, it was so hard to say goodbye.
The next morning we all woke up a little bit early because it was Sunday and Chris and I were going to go to church. When we got to the church, Cameron cried and cried so we decided it was best to just take him with us. Funny. Haha He was such a stinker but I thought it was funny like I always do when kids are that way. Chris took him out in the hall and then when sacrament was over we were going to leave and Cam told everyone he talked to "Chris bad boy. Chris spank. Chris stop it now." Hahahahaha It was the funniest thing lol. After church we went and got pizza for lunch then headed back to the hotel so his family could take a nap. While they did that Chris and I went to see a movie. (All About Steve) Once again, I cherish that time we had together where I could just sit next to him and hold his hand. At the end of the movie, we had a red slurpee that he was holding and he said something silly so I went to hit him jokingly and really hit the cup. Red slurpee all over his white uniform!!! I felt soo bad! I wanted to cry. Lol So after the movie it was nap time for us too. We went back to the hotel napped ( HEAVEN on EARTH) woke up and went to Outback steak house for dinner. YUMM!!!! Then we walked around that shopping center for a little bit. Drove around town more and got some ice cream. Still with nothing to do, back to the hotel room for some relaxing time. I loved it. Dropping him off that night was even harder knowing that the next day wouldn't be the same and I would be going back home.
Monday had come and it was the day he had to stay on the yard and he had LOTS to get done. For lunch we just picked up some subway and headed to the yard where we ate lunch with Chris. This is where he gave me a special gift that I cherish. Then we walked around the yard to see everthing. It was gorgeous. Me and Chris didn't really talk a whole lot. We both just knew that it was our last little bit together for a while. It was very sad and I had to fight back tears multiple times. Well after a couple hours with him, he needed to get some stuff done so we said our goodbyes. :( Not a fun time. I didn't cry. I am shocked. I held my composure really well but after we left I knew my whole demeanor had changed. With really nothing to do and no where to go before we had to get to the airport, we drove to Washington DC. It was pretty awesome to get to see all of the government buildings and what not. Then off to the airport.
The flight was a very interesting one. I did tear up a bit but did really well at stopping myself. Almost the whole flight Chris's parents and I talked about tons of stuff. It was so nice to just talk to them and get to know them and have them get to know me better. It was a great way to end a great trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment